We all have that one friend who’s notoriously difficult to shop for. Now that the holiday season is approaching, it’s time to start considering what you’ll get that tricky friend. If yours is a lover of all things artistic and creative, you’ll definitely want to find a gift that’s unique and thoughtful, not a generic store-bought option. Use one of these creative gift ideas to make sure they feel loved.
- Unique antiques: Artistic people usully like their homes to reflect their imaginative spirit. When it comes to home décor, the usual department store pieces probably won’t impress. If you want to get your friend a décor item that they’ll be happy to display proudly in their home, consider something unique like oriental antiques perth for a one-of-a-kind exotic treasure that they can feel inspired by.
- Adult colouring books: Artsy people can get overwhelmed like the rest of us from time to time. Give your friend the gift of an outlet that will allow her to relax and unwind by buying them a beautiful adult colouring book for Christmas. You can find a wide variety of image styles and themes, as these books have become increasingly popular amongst the mindfulness-loving crowd in recent years.
- A beautiful journal: Journals are pretty easy to come by, but not all of them are tailor made for the talented friend in your life. Shop around for a truly special journal with pretty illustrations, leather binding, and paper that’s easy to sketch in if they love to draw.
- Art print posters: Very few of us can afford to buy our friends original copies of famous pieces of art, but you can definitely get them a print to hang on their wall without maxing out your credit card. Seek out prints from their favourite artists and put it in a beautiful frame to hang in their home.
- Sketching pencils: For the friend who loves to draw, few gifts could be more precious than a new set of finely crafted sketching pencils. Opt for good quality over quantity, and place them in a pretty box to be wrapped. A sketching pad that they can carry around makes the perfect accompaniment present to this gift idea.
- A fun phone case: With all of the creative options out there today, there’s no excuse not to have a unique phone case. Find a case that matches your friend’s aesthetic, or have them create their own design and then use it to order a customisable case. They’ll be able to stare down at their own artwork every time they check their phone.
- Interesting jewellery: There’s plenty of bland and boring jewellery out there, so track down something special for your artistic friend. Browse homemade creations on marketplace sites like Etsy, or shop around at boutiques in your local area to find a piece with a stone or design that makes you think of your friend.
- Good quality speakers: For the friend that loves music more than anything else, a set of wireless speakers makes an awesome holiday gift. There are some great low-cost decor options available now if you shop around for a good price – just make sure it’s a set that can handle reasonably high volumes so they can blast their favourite songs.